This Lenten sermon series, SEVEN, relates the seven words Jesus spoke from the Cross, which encapsulate much of his ministry and message, to our lives. We trust this series provides us all an opportunity to reorientate our hearts towards Jesus.
The traditional order of the words are:
- Luke 23:34: Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.
- Luke 23:43: Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise.
- John 19:26–27: Woman, behold your son. Son, behold your mother.
- Matthew 27:46 (and Mark 15:34): My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?
- John 19:28: I thirst.
- John 19:30: It is finished.
- Luke 23:46: Father, into thy hands I commit my spirit.